Versant Legal is a boutique law firm specializing in outside general counsel services, compliance counseling, and data privacy and security. We have particular expertise advising healthcare information technology companies and small businesses. We also provide literary attorney services, assisting creatives and literary agencies with licensing and protecting intellectual property.
- Outside General Counsel Services. We help companies of all sizes with their day-to-day legal work. We provide continuing support to companies and organizations that don’t have their own in-house counsel, and assist in-house legal departments needing additional legal resources on a temporary basis. Our outside general counsel services include:
- contract drafting, negotiation, and interpretation;
- software and IP licensing and SaaS subscription agreements;
- HIPAA and compliance issues, including business associate agreements, security incident evaluation and response, and security questionnaires;
- regulatory interpretation and guidance;
- employee relations and less complex employment law matters, such as employment and consulting agreements, offer letters, and severance agreements; and
- dispute resolution and litigation management.
- Small Business Legal Services. We help individual independent contractors and small businesses with their legal needs. We review, interpret, and negotiate contracts (and will explain them in plain English!), help you resolve disputes, and create high-quality templates and forms tailored for you.
- Literary Attorney Services. We help authors and creatives, agencies, and publishers protect and exploit intellectual property. We draft, review, interpret, and negotiate agency agreements, publishing contracts, collaboration agreements, and intellectual property licenses and can help resolve disputes.
Let us help your business grow!